The deadline for submission to the special issue “Focused ion and electron beams for synthesis and characterization of nanomaterials” of the Beilstein Journal of Nanotechnology (JIF: 3.1) has been extended to 29 February 2024. The Beilstein Journal is a platinum open source journal with no subscription or publishing fee. All submissions will undergo rigorous peer review by independent reviewers.
In particular, the issue is focused on the following aspects:
1. 1D, 2D and 3D additive manufacturing (nanoprinting) of functional nanostructures for superconducting, magnetic and plasmonic applications.
2. Spatially resolved removal or modification of materials using gas-assisted electron/ion beam lithography.
3. Focused ion beam (FIB) milling and development of new ion beam sources and gas precursors.
4. Characterization methods using focused charged particle beams with techniques such as cryo-electron microscopy, helium ion microscopy, and secondary ion mass spectroscopy.
5. Development of novel instrumentation for current and future research on applications of multiple ion species plasma FIB, effective structural modification of nanomaterials using laser FIB, and FIB–SEM tomography for advanced microstructural analysis.
6. Theoretical aspects of electron and ion interactions and surface kinetics processes.
Please consider this high quality diamond open access (no publication fee no access fee, funded by the Beilstein-Institut) journal for your next FIT4NANO related publication. Visit the journal website at https://www.beilstein-journals.org/bjnano/series/103